JOB TITLE: Office Administrator
The office administrator will be employed 9:00 am – 12:30 pm for two days per week (may be adjusted with input from the final candidate). The office administrator will be employed by the congregation, accountable to and supervised by the executive council of the congregation and directly responsible to the pastor of Bethlehem Lutheran Church. The office administrator shall maintain a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and courtesy required for work in the church. The office administrator shall encourage and support the mission, ministries, council, staff and members of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, the Northeastern Minnesota Synod and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America to which this congregation belongs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Serve as the church receptionist for the congregation during regular office hours, greet visitors and receive phone calls. Pass on messages; process church e-mails received and forward or pass on all messages.
- Process and open mail, assemble bills received and offering envelopes for the accountant.
- Compile monthly newsletter for review by the pastor before printing.
- Order supplies used by the congregation, including custodial, fellowship, office, worship, education, etc. Maintain records of supplies ordered, invoices and submit bills and receipts in a timely manner to the accountant.
- Maintain Master Calendar of congregational events and church building usage.
- Maintain the computerized record keeping program of congregational information.
- Perform other duties as requested by the pastor, other staff members or member of the executive council of Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
Specific abilities and characteristics necessary to perform this position include:
- Proficiency in performing office tasks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Accomplished computer skills, experienced in the use of Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
Thank you to Jan Swanson, who has spent the last year and a half in this role, connecting people with one another, sharing her passion for God – you have been a blessing to so many – thank you!